Massage for Arthritis & Chronic Pain Training
for Massage Therapists
8 CEU for NCBTMB & State Requirements
With 1 in 5 U.S. adults (and 1 in 2 seniors) are diagnosed with arthritis, as massage therapists, this is a large portion of our clients! It is critical to know how to we can help be a part of their plan for managing arthritis symptoms and chronic pain safely and effectively. Studies have shown that regular massage helps those with arthritis pain, stiffness, range of motion, and overall function of the joints. Refine your massage therapy practice with this 1 day workshop.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The most relevant of the 100+ types of arthritis and related conditions (including: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, bursitis, etc.)
- Scientific research on massage for arthritis
- Pathophysiology of arthritis and chronic pain
- How to accommodate safely in a massage routine
- Benefits of massage for this population
- How to market your new specialty
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Ann Swanson originally studied massage in the Himalayas of India with a specialty in Ayurvedic (Indian Medical) massage. She then became licensed and certified through NCBTMB and the VA Nursing Board. Now, Ann trains massage therapists and wellness professionals to specialize in working safely and effectively with arthritis. With her extensive experience giving massage in retirement communities, she has the practical knowledge to adapt massage therapy for special needs populations.
Check it out: Ann is featured homepage of the National Boards for Massage! She proudly offers CEU with NCBTMB and for state certification.